Folly Beach SC is the closest beach to downtown historical Charleston South Carolina. It is a natural barrier island that serves to protect the larger James Island from Atlantic storms and forms the outermost tip of the Charleston Harbor. Known as “The Edge of America” Folly Beach is the quintessential beach town of all of Charleston reminding many of Key West.
Laid back is the best way to describe Folly Beach with a local’s slogan that says “Relax…it’s Folly”. Despite its enormous popularity, it’s still the Charleston beach community that is the most affordable for buying real estate. Six miles of pristine beach grace this magical island. During the winter Folly Beach SC is a small town at the end of the highway but in the summertime it is a vacation destination like no other. Folly Beach SC real estate has something for everyone and in every price range as well. From a magnificent oceanfront home or condominium to an interior vintage “beach shack” or a stunning deep water residence with glorious marsh and river views there is truly something for everyone.
Folly Beach is just a short 15-20 minute drive to downtown historical Charleston making it the most obvious destination for those that want to not only enjoy all that Folly Beach has to offer but also take advantage of the wonderful history, culture and dining options of downtown Charleston SC. Folly Beach SC is not to be out done either with exceptional restaurants and shopping up and down the commercial district of Center Street. Folly Beach SC is also home to the Tides Hotel, which is the only oceanfront hotel in all of Charleston. From the Crab Shack and the Blu Restaurant, McKelvin’s Surf Shop and The Lost Dog Café, Folly Beach SC truly has it all from dining a shopping options galore.
Folly Beach SC real estate options are just as diverse. From the Charleston Oceanfront Villas to Waters Edge to Mariner’s Cay and Peas Island there are so many wonderful options to choose from. Let alone the diverse single family home options that are available up and down the island from Arctic and Ashley Ave’s to the interior streets of Hudson, Huron, Erie, Indian and Cooper Avenues. Such a wonderful mix of old and brand new construction grace this one of a kind island beach community.
The Folly Beach County Park on the west end of the island and the Edwin S. Taylor Fishing Pier at the very end of Center Street are two wonderful local attractions that offer beach residents and visitors so many unique local family options. The Morris Island Lighthouse is a staple landmark on Folly Beach and was named to the national register of historic places. The “Save the Light.Org” foundation is the forefront organization involved with the preservation of this incredible structure. Eco and sunset tours are a must do while at Folly Beach. Bottle nose dolphins are plenty in the natural waters of the Folly River and are memorizing to view.
Take a look at all of the various single family homes, condominiums and townhouse options that are both available and the most affordable for any beach community in all of Charleston SC. Folly Beach Real Estate is definitely the most affordable of any beach community in all of Charleston SC.
Laid back. That may best describe Folly Beach. Life on Folly Beach is part seaside adventure, part surfing lesson, part Hemingway and part Pat Conroy. During the winter, it is a small town at the end of the highway. In the summer, it is a vacation destination. Locals proclaim, “We have the best waves, the best nightlife and the best beach atmosphere along the Charleston Coast. But don’t tell anybody.”
- The Edwin S. Taylor Fishing Pier is 25 ft. wide and extends more than 1,045 ft. into the Atlantic with a covered area and access to nearby restrooms, gift shops, restaurants and a tackle shop.
- Folly Beach County Park fronts 4,000 ft. of ocean and 2,000 ft. of river. It offers parking, dressing rooms, outdoor showers, restrooms, a picnic area, a vending area and chair, raft and umbrella rentals. The park is located at the west end of Folly Beach.
Folly Beach Amenities
- Six miles of white sand beach for swimming and sunbathing.
- Restaurants and nightclubs.
- Biking and roller-blading are also popular and safe forms of exercise.
- A full-service marina.
- The finest surfing beach in Charleston.
- Fishing, crabbing and shrimping. You can’t escape these popular Low Country activities.
- Charleston Municipal Golf Course: 843.795.6517
- Oak Point Golf Course: 843.768.7030
- Shadowmoss Plantation Golf Course and Country Club: 1.800.338.4971
- East Erie Tennis Courts between 4th and 5th block.
Charleston Ocean Front Villas – the most unique oceanfront property in the Charleston area
- Upgraded seawall that meets FEMA requirements for a 100 year storm surge
- Upgraded Seawall reduces oceanfront flood insurance to inland rates
- Folly Beach is the only property in the Charleston area with a corps of engineers beach renourishment program at no cost to property owners
- $4,000,000 building exterior transformation with salt water resistant materials that includes new stucco, deck surfaces, metal roof, pools, fencing, paint, insulation, lighting, landscaping and gated ADT security including video surveillance to name a few.
- $1,000,000 reserve for future construction.
Folly Beach Links of Interest
Click On Any Folly Beach Real Estate Link Below
- Folly Beach Homes
- Vacant Land
- Folly Beach Condominiums
Call Adam Anytime (843) 452-4967